September 21, 2010

I'm SO not Martha Stewart

Although I really try to be somewhat domestic, it doesn't always come off successful. I was able to make some very yummy beef vegetable soup for dinner last night. Surprisingly everyone enjoyed it. Success! The biscuits were, well, flat. Good thing I'm not an American, I think you have to be a good biscuit maker to be an American.


My helper!


The yummy soup.

Of course, there is always the flipside to my domestic successes. Last night was the orange nipples. Most of the time, I put Tayah's bottles and nipples into hot soapy water in the sink, let them soak and hand wash them. On the weekend I decided it would be ok for them to go in the dishwasher, and was so happy at how clean they looked. Success! Then, last night I made meatsauce for pasta to freeze (domestic yes?), but put the pan directly into the dishwasher, on the bottom rack, with the bottles/nipples on the top rack. I start empty the dishwasher, and then I see it. All the bottles and nipples are VERY orange. Ugh. I realize they are probably perfectly fine for her to use, but I just feel wrong giving her these orange items to eat out of. Thankfully I have an understanding husband who told me to go to Babies R Us and replace the ones that are too gross for me to use now.

Amaya started Brownies last night. She loved it. Of course, when she gets into the car, the first thing she asks is "Mommy did you have to wear an ugly brown dress when you were a Brownie?". Oh... but yes I did. I think it will be a great activity for her over the school year. Hopefully we have lots of neighbours who love Girl Guide cookies!

We get her uniform soon.... last night she got to wear whatever she wanted!

And on the house front .... We somewhat have a deck. I was really pushing for us to have a deck by the end of summer/early fall. My main goal was that we would be able to start using it first thing in the spring (or even possibly on warmer winter days), instead of having to wait till it dries up enough to build it next year. Of course, I would be the supervisor of this project, Dino was the one who actually had to do the work for it. Thankfully we had lots of help this weekend, and aside from about 2000 screws, we have a deck! Patio furniture is being delivered today. Success!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes