September 25, 2010

The Thrill of a Deal

I love to shop. Anyone who knows me knows this. With that said, I love a deal, and love the thrill of a deal. When Amaya was born, I fell in love with Gymboree...which is not the cheapest place to shop for a child. This is true to some extent, however, you really do get what you pay for, and if you shop the sales, you are actually ahead of the game, as these clothes last forever, wash well, wear well, and look super cute to boot. Alas, my obsession continues with miss T.
People who love deals, have kids with closets that look like this
Amaya's Closet (should I even admit half her clothes were in the wash when this was taken)

The start of Tayah's collection

Shortly after Amaya was born, I discovered consignment stores, and the rest is history. I do still shop at the name brand stores for the girls (during the sales of course), but have found that if I'm patient, I will find great deals on quality items for a fraction of the cost.

This week I felt like I hit the jackpot on more than one occassion. First were the shoes. I found two awesome pairs of shoes for miss T, both for $5 each! The first were the Stonz boots, these puppies retail for $50 and the inserts for $20. And then some super cute Mexx boots, really who COULD pass them up?



Today I went to a brand name kids consignment sale. I was looking for one specific thing, a one piece snowsuit for Tayah for this winter. Remember, I'm cheap, so the goal was to find something cute, good quality and well, cheap. Success. I found a Gap Warmest snowsuit for $20. Score! Thankfully I married a man who understands my little obsession and just smiles when I come home to show everything off to him. So let's raise our glasses, and say cheers to great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes