January 7, 2011

Hi ho.. Hi ho....

It's off to work I go. Only for the day though.... for now. Today I had to go in to work for a meeting, and wow was it hard to leave my little ones even before their day started. Thankfully, my dad (aka Papa) retired at the end of November, and was able to come in and stay with Tayah. Papa did pretty good, aside from one little blip.... diaper on backwards, oops!


Of course in my life it's always an adventure, I got to the office and thought it was odd that there weren't any cars there, but got out my keycard to enter the building and away I went, happy to have got such a great spot near the door. As soon as I walked through the door I knew I was in trouble, the alarm was still on, and I don't know the code. So after trying to get ahold of someone, anyone really to help me, I gave up and just stood there waiting, listening to the alarm going off. (I did get ahold of one of my co-workers husbands who told me that the location of the meeting had changed and where it was). It only took about 15 mins before I hear the lovely sound of sirens and voila, police at your service. They had a good laugh at me, and told me I could leave to go to the meeting.


I really have missed my co-workers, they are so great and lots of fun to be around, but nothing compares to the days I get to enjoy with Amaya & Tayah at home. I am fortunate enough that I will be able to go back to work only part time in the spring and realize how much I need to appreciate and enjoy every day I have left of my maternity leave.


However, Friday is pizza night in our house, so yay for not cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes