January 3, 2011

There's a Rebel in the house!

I have to preface this entry to say that I really do have an understanding, patient husband. The quest for a new camera began a few months ago. I was coveting a Canon Rebel T2i, but was sure there had to be something just as good but less expensive. After buying and returning 3 other camera's, I finally have my new camera... the T2i, and though I have lots to learn, I love it so far and hope it helps to provide some fantastic pictures over the next year.





And of course, what would a post be without a picture of a cute baby! Tayah is enjoying her very first baby cookie, she is in love and very messy!



2 comments:

  1. I have to say my only complaint about my Rebel and assorted lenses is that it is a pain to lug around everywhere and spur of the moment pictures aren't always so spur of the moment. Solved that problem by buying a couple of Canon point and shoot cameras, an SX30 and a DS1400IS to throw in my purse when I don't want to be the crazy camera lady. My husband has learned very wisely to shut up and look the other way when I say I "need" a new camera. My suggestion for the rebel would be to buy a speedlite flash to attach to the camera, it has made a world of difference to my indoor photography, especially of the kids. I hope you enjoy your Rebel, once you get past the steep learning curve it is an amazing camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise Amberley! I still have my smaller Canon that I can toss in the diaper bag when I don't want to carry my bigger camera bag. I'll definitely look at the speedlite flash! I got the kit that came with the 18-55 lens and also got the 55-250 lens. I do have so much to learn to properly use the camera, will probably take a class or two. Hope you, Donald & the kids had a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete

Quotes