February 20, 2011

Old Faithful? Not Today!

When planning what we are going to eat each week, I tend to stick to the tried and true. The things I know Amaya (and Dino) will eat and enjoy. Let's face it, there is nothing more heartbreaking than spending hours and hours making some fabulous new recipe, only to have your family tell you it tastes like dog food. (Yes, this has happened) .. (Ok mayyyyyyyybe that one recipe did kinda taste like dog food).

We do all love pasta, however truth be told, I hate stuffing those darn little shells so I really never make manicotti. I find it's messy and gets boring fast.

When I was watching tv the other day, because you know that is all us mamas on mat leave do.. watch tv, eat bon bons, and go on facebook.. I saw a cool recipe for Manicotti Roll Ups. Looked and sounded super yumma!

So, that is what we had today. This is how it went....

Make mixture something like this:
Cottage Cheese - Some
Ricotta Cheese - More than Cottage Cheese
Parmesean - Just dump a bunch in
Egg - (not not with the shell)
Italian Spices - enough to make it look spiced up
Spinach - 1 package of frozen spinach defrosted
Chopped Onion & Garlic - small onion, enough garlic so you have smelly breath.... sautee

As you can see I had a very specific recipe to follow.
Cook the lasagne noodles and let cool. And then follow photos below:











We all really enjoyed it, though I would put in a bit less spinach and add a bit more to spice it up next time.  I was really happy that although this was not one of our Old Faithful recipes, we can now move it into that category!

4 comments:

  1. I've made these only I call them lasagna roll ups, I add shredded cheese to the cottage to get rid of dome of the moisture and it allows everyone to add their own toppings. Great if you have a picky eater or someone who likes weird stuff on their lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm. I love making these. :) I use all ricotta and the mozza.

    ReplyDelete

Quotes